Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Screwed, by Thom Hartmann

An excellent, straightforward primer on the major issues facing the American middle class today. Hartmann gives us brief histories of each topic, points to where things started to go wrong, and offers solutions. At the end he lists the simple things we all can do to make a change for the better.

It's a political book, obviously and unashamedly left-leaning, but I suspect people across a broad spectrum of political beliefs can benefit from reading it. Hartmann is at heart a historian, so he's done a lot of the work for us.

An offer: I will be happy to mail this book to someone (free within the U.S.) with a genuine interest in reading it. It is packed in a storage shed right now and I can't get it out until the middle of July but when I do I'll be happy to ship it out! I would be even more thrilled if the person who takes it would make a journal entry about it at bookcrossing, of course.

No comments: